Интересните растения на Беласица
Интересните растения на Беласица
Tourist attractions

In the area of Belasitsa Mountain there are two forts along the border between Greece and Bulgaria historically connected with the Second World War - the Istibey fort and the Rupel fort.

Fort Istibey is one of the fortifications used during the Second World War. It was a part of the Metaxas Line built along Greece's northern border. on Mount Beles, Central Macedonia.  In 1991 the Panhellenic Association of Combatants and Friends of the Forts of Macedonia and Thrace funded the construction of a small museum at this site in commemoration of its role in the Battle of the Forts in April 1941, against the invading German forces.
The access to the museum is restricted: permission must be obtained from the military unit stationed at Neo Petritsi, which is four kilometres off the Serres-Promachonas National road (Kilkis junction). A steep fourteen-kilometre-long road leads from Neo Petritsi to Fort Istibey. Foreigners must obtain a special permit from the Hellenic Army General Staff to visit the site.
The museum houses an exhibition of firearms (rifles, revolvers, pistols and machine-guns) belonging to the Greek and German armies, army uniforms at that time, various personal belongings of the defenders, as well as a detailed map  of the Battle of the Forts. Another attraction is the screening of a film telling the story of the battle at Fort Istibey.

Fort Roupel is built in 1914  at the north border of Central Macedonia, Greece,. It became part of the fortifications of the Metaxas Line in the 1930s and became famous for its defence during the German invasion of Greece in April 1941.
The Rupel fortifications are not far from the Serres-Promachonas national road, which leads to the Greek-Bulgarian border. They are just a short distance from the border in the narrow Rupel Gorge, through which the Strymon River flows.
Today one of the fortification's galleries is open to visitors, as is a small museum and the visitors’ pavilion. In the gallery visitors can see dioramas, life-sized models arranged in tableaux representing the Greek troops in the Battle of the Forts (the gunner, the doctor in his surgery treating a wounded soldier, the sergeant in the lieutenant’s office). In the museum, which is only open on the anniversary of the Bаttle of the Forts (6-9 April) and in the pavilion, which is open throughout the year, the visitor can see firearms, uniforms, medals awarded for bravery, personal belongings and a map detailing the Battle of the Forts in 1941.

In the village of Vyroneia there is the building of the railway station. In this railway station there was the Greek General Headquarters at the end of the Second Balkan War conferring on Greece's demands prior to the Treaty of Bucharest

 

 

 

 

Този сайт е разработен с финансовата подкрепа на Европейския съюз и Република България в рамките на проект "Маркетинг на дестинация за устойчив туризъм Беласица" (BG 2005/017-456.01-03), изпълнен от Пирински туристически форум в партньорство с Екологична асоциация "Планетум" – Струмица Изложените в него възгледи са на Пирински туристически форум и по никакъв начин не отразяват официалната позиция на Европейския съюз.
© 2019  Belasitsa.com | made bywww.enigra.com&zeniter.com